The history of the Cadbury chocolate brand goes back to when John Cadbury opened a grocer's shop in Birmingham 1824 selling cocoa prepared with a pestle and mortar. It wasn't until 1897 that chocolate bars were made as a result of by products from cocoa essence. After Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bar and Bournville plain chocolate bar came Cadbury Fruit & Nut and Cadbury Whole Nut bars. The dairy milk bars all adopted the recognisable purple foil wrap that still distinguishes the product range today. Cadbury still has a manufacturing facility in Bournville as well as a centre of excellence.
Chocolate & Sweets