Hampton Court Palace is a royal palace in Richmond on Thames, Middlesex, last inhabited by King George II in the 18th century. In 1529 King Henry VIII had seized the palace for himself and later enlarged it with the hope of emulating Versailles. However, the work was not finished and in 1694 the palace was left with a mix of Tudor and Baroque architectural styles. The palace displays paintings and furniture of the Royal Collection. The grounds are laid out in a grand scheme of avenues, canals, gardens and heraldic statues. There is also an impressive maze and a historic real tennis court.
Postcode - KT8 9AU